Smart Buildings: Rautner advises on Sale of Loytec-Group

Delta Electronics recently acquired 85% of Loytec Group. The Taiwanese group paid € 72m. Delta also received a call option for the remaining 15% stake. The transaction does not require approval by authorities. The sellers were advised in all legal respects by Rautner attorneys at law.

Austrian Loytec Group was founded in 1999 and is a leading firm in the field of building automation systems. Loytec solutions are used in the Uniqa Tower in Vienna as well as movie studios and sports stadiums in the form of touch panels or mobile devices. Part of the Loytec group are Loytec Electronics GmbH as well as Innocontrol Electronics GmbH. Delta Electronics Inc’s subsidiary Delta Electronics International (Singapore) has acquired majority stakes in both these companies.

Delta Electronics Inc. was founded in 1971, is listed on the Taiwanese stock exchange since 1988 and offers solutions in the field of energy and heating management. The Asian group has subsidiaries in Taiwan, the People’s Republic of China, India, Mexico and Europe and achieves estimated revenues of approximately 8 billion USD with its roughly 80,000 employees.

The Rautner team in this transaction consisted of Dr. Uwe Rautner, LL.M (Partner), Meera Ramakrishnan (Partner) and René Semmelweis, LL.M. (Associate)